Bosnian Kafa Instructions
Authentic Bosnian Kafa (Coffee) is strong, delicious, and an amazing experience.
Similar to Turkish coffee, but distinctly it's own!
How do I make traditional kafa?Equipment:
- BiB Kafa Ethiopia Natural whole bean.
- Turkish coffee grinder. You must achieve Turkish level grind, espresso grind is not sufficient.
- Džezva (copper coffee pot) or small saucepan
- Fildžani (small Bosnian coffee cups)
- Kettle or small pot for boiling water
- 2 tbsp of fresh Turkish ground coffee per 6 oz serving.
- Dial the amount of coffee up or down to taste.
- Sugar to taste.
- Boil water in kettle or small pot.
- Toast grounds in džezva on stovetop, medium heat, for 10 seconds. Mix grounds for even toasting.
- Leave džezva on burner, and pour boiling water into džezva.
- When the mixture starts to foam, raise it off the burner and stir until the foam begins to subside.
- Then place the pot back on the burner, allowing foam to rebuild.
- If desired, repeat this process a couple of times.
- Take the džezva off the burner and let it sit for at least 30 seconds. This allows the grounds to settle.
- Place a sugar cube or two in the bottom of your fildžani or mug: spoon 1-2 spoonfuls of foam over the sugar.
- Pour the rest of the coffee in, avoiding the grounds at the bottom of the pot. Enjoy and don't stir your coffee! 😃